Tuesday, July 8, 2008

On E

I ran out of gas today. I had been running on E for a while. Luckily, I was close to work. Not close enough to walk though. I tried calling other managers for help, but no one was in their office yet. I finally got a hold of one manager. He's an alright guy, but he's the kind of person you don't want to ask for help from. He sent his intern to give me a ride to a gas station. I bought a 1 gallon gas tank and filled it up. The intern brought me back to my car and left promptly. I poured the gas into my tank, then realized my keys were still in the intern's car. I didn't have her cell phone number to call her, so I had to call her manger, the one you don't want to ask for help from, and he called her for me and had her come back to give me my keys. When I finally got in my car and started it, I was still on E, but I had enough to drive to the gas station and put a little more in. When I got to work, I was given some pretty off-the-wall news. I needed to respond to it, but wasn't sure how. It's really weird, but it seemed to take a lot out of me to deal with the situation. I guess I've been feeling a little like I'm running on E myself lately.

5 comments:

--V-- said...

AAAHHHH!! How terrible! This is why I'm so paranoid about running out of gas!

Mommy pfohl said...

Oh bummer!

Audra said...

I bet a game of spoons would refill your tank!

Irun Man said...

Yea, spoons, you dressing up in a turbin/cloak outfit, and stuffing clothing items into Brent's pillow case ~ I bet that would do the trick! Oh yea, and lots of diet Mt. Dew!!! ;]

Irun Man said...

On second thought, just give Donna a call and listen to some of her wisdom and sage advice. That would cheer anyone up and "fill their tank." lol