Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It's GO TIME!

So, I'm a complete procrastinator. Especially if I have to do something that doesn't interest me. For example, a long, LONG time ago, I signed up for a couple independent courses, one of which is my LAST requirement to complete my bachelor's degree, the other was just for the heck of it. Well, things began to get a little crazy in life, and school was no longer a priority. By the time things settled down, it was too late to complete the courses by the deadline. I was pretty embarrassed, as I had TEN MONTHS to complete ten assignments and two exams for each class. Not too challenging. But I didn't. So here I am. I took the courses again, and again WAITED. I signed up for them in January and am just now getting started. It's GO TIME. I HAVE to get this crap done. I'm not looking forward to it because I HATE statistics, but I'd like to be able to go to grad school at some point. It's not only hard to do because of the subject, but I lack motivation because I've already got a job that's paying me as though I DO have my degree. Don't get me wrong, I make next to nothing, but based on my current level of education and experience, my employers did give me a graduate's salary, which is slightly more than a non-graduate ;o) And I'm already in the field I want to be in. Plus, time management is not so easy right now, what with having thirteen kids and all ;o) So keep me in your prayers. I've only got until around October, so it's definitley got to be a God thing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nate,
Call me a geek! I liked statistics so feel free to ask questions. It has been about six years ago so I might need a brush up.
Melissa

Irun Man said...

I, too, must admit that I'm a procrastinator. I'm working on a 15-20 page report that's due this Friday. We were supposed to go to Kings Island today, but had to postpone the trip so that I can get my paper done. Anyone know much about A. Lincoln before he became president? :<