Thursday, July 10, 2008

2:05am Songwriting and TMI

So, at this very minute, it's 2:35am. I woke up about a half hour ago with a terrible pain in my stomach. Yep, you probably guessed it. I have a case of late-night-diarrhea, henceforth the "TMI." So as I'm sitting here in misery (yes, thank you, I am quite a big baby) I began to think about the light of God and how He can guide us through the darkest shadows. Not exactly what I'm in the mood to think about at this moment, and no, I'm not considering my current state as a "dark shadow." ;o) I'm really not sure what brought on this thought. I just started singing "Take this burden, Lord. Take it from me. Take this pain. I am too weak. Take my sin. Take it away. Take temptation. I need Your strength . . ." Somehow this led into a version of "This Little Light of Mine." I'm not sure how I got there, but it happened and it flowed pretty nicely. Then again, 2:00am 'flowing nicely' really may not be all that nice ;o) Perhaps I'll feel differently when I'm more awake! So I guess this will be my little creative project over the next few days, cultivating these personal thoughts and ideas and somehow meshing them with something old and classic. It just ceases to amaze me how and when God chooses to provide me with inspiration. He's been reminding me a lot lately that I'm on His schedule, not vice versa. I'm just hoping His schedule for me would include sleep at some point tonight ;o)

3 comments:

Shelby-Grace said...

Thanks for sharing Nathan??!! God does have incredible timing!

Mommy pfohl said...

Wow! Thanks for the TMI but even more, thanks for sharing what God gave you last night! It is amazing how he can work in those situations. -Mindy

Emily said...

God really does help with everything! Hope things continue to "flow nicely"