Thursday, July 3, 2008

Lies, Love, and Prayers

There seems to be an epidemic of deceit right now. Kate says it far better than I ever could in a post, here. Basically, it just seems that everywhere I turn, satan is wedging his way in between people. Only very recently have I learned how powerful it is spirituality to be connected with other Christians, and how glorifying it is to Christ. And no sooner than I see it's importance, I see how angry it makes satan, and how he will stop at nothing to ruin these connections. But I refuse to allow satan's lies to disrupt the glorious love I share with my wonderful wife, Kimberly, with my family, and with church family.
Heavenly Father, You are great and wonderful. It is in your masterful plan that I have come to know and love the people in my life, the person I call my wife, and my family and friends. I lift up all these people to You and ask that Your presence be strong in their lives, and in mine as well. I am thankful that You have provided us all with a connection that glorifies You, and am grateful that loving Kimberly, and all these people, is in Your will and pleases You. May we continue to bring You glory in this way. Amen!

2 comments:

Keym said...

Wow you got prayer skillz babe!
I truly am blessed to be your wife

Cari said...

You should read Screwtape letters by C.S. Lewis some time, it really reminds you how many ways satan tries to keep our minds off of God and only on things about us and this world.