Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hush: Goodbye to Blogging . . . For a While

I feel like things are going to be changing in my life soon. And it's scary. It's exciting to think God might be using me to do something new, but for some reason I am fearful. I'm barely comfortable where I'm at now in life . My comfort zone has been extended over the past several weeks and I'm just now becoming accustomed to it, but it's not quite what God would like for it to be just yet.

I'm not sure what He wants me to do, where to go, or how to get there. But it's not this.

No more processing. It's time for prayer. It's time for me to stop asking, to stop speaking, and just listen. Hush.

Today at Youth Group, Pink talked about prayer and discussed how the number 40 is significant in the bible. He inspired me to really focus on praying and listening to God over the next 40 days.

So along with some other things, I'm am going to stop blogging for the next 40 days. Oddly enough, this feels like a big sacrifice for me. Blogging has been a wonderful experience for me. It has allowed me to be creative, to express, and to process. But now it's time for me to stop and allow God to create in me, to express to me what He wants from me, and to allow myself to be guided through a process. I am planning to spend the average hour a day I spend on blogging with God instead. Praying. Worshiping. Listening.

I will still occasionally check my e-mail, so feel free to send me a message (nathanharris0413@gmail.com) or to comment on this post or previous ones, as all comments are automatically e-mailed to me.

The final thought I would like to share is this song I wrote today on our way home from Youth Group.



PEACE.

hush

v1
a thousand questions
and new ones everyday
until it's chaos
a train wreck in my brain
so destructive
half the things I say
too distracted
in my thoughts to pray

only when I've tried everything else
I remember to remind myself

chorus

hush, be still
listen for God's will
hush, silence
wait for His presence
and He will speak
hush

V2

a thousand choices
foolishly I've made
stop the chaos
silently I'll wait
no more destruction
can't do things my way
look through distractions
for what God will say

I've not tried until I have held my tongue
for so long I've spoke, now the time has come

chorus

hush, be still
listen for God's will
hush, silence
wait for His presence
and He will speak
hush


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will miss you but will be praying for you!

Mommy pfohl said...

nathan, I am so very excited to read your post! I will miss reading it, however, I think it is awesome what you are doing! I will be praying for you through this time as well! I pray that God reveals himself to you powerfully and that He speaks clearly to you as to what he desires for your life! -Mindy

Audra said...

You're an inspiration to all of us baby Christians! I'll be praying for you and your 40 days. You did't cut texting out of that too, did you?? BTW: I owe you an email. I think it may be something you'll like. See you Sunday!!

Audra said...

Are your 40 days up yet?