Friday, January 16, 2009

It's Time!

I am packed. Finally. The water pipes are thawed and I am showered, which will make traveling more pleasant not only for myself, but for my companions as well. I am very excited now, which seems to result in me singing a lot without even being aware of it. I keep suddenly realizing its 1:00am and thinking the neighbors probably don't appreciate all the racket I'm making. The next thing I know, I'm singing again and going through the process all over ;o) My fill-in for work is well-trained and a very caring person, so I won't have to worry for a second about my kids. This will be very nice. When I went to New Orleans in June I took business calls, and it was a pain, so I feel very blessed that this trip will be different. My mom and mother-in-law are helping out with the pets, so there are no worries there either. All I have to think about is ahhhh . . . While packing, I thought I should grab a notebook to write in while I'm gone. There are at least a dozen around here, but I happened to come across one that was well hidden under the bed. It was the notebook I wrote The Edge and Break Me in. These are two songs that I was very blessed to have been a part of writing. God not only moved me with these songs, but I think He touched others' with them as well. Maybe this is a sign of a creative storm about to start brewing! I can only pray so ;o) The camera is packed, along with six batteries, a charger, and two memory cards, so expect to see some slide shows in about a week and a half! Peace!

1 comment:

David said...

You'll be on the plane by now, but hope all goes better than you could hope and dream.

It's great to be able to leave on such an amazing trip knowing everything is in order back home too.

Bless you and the rest of the FFC Jamaica crew Nate!