Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Countdown is On!

Only ten days until the missions trip to Jamaica! I am becoming so excited! As I try to prepare myself for the trip, memories of New Orleans keep popping up, so I thought I'd share one of my favorites. I was at the Carpenter's House 2, a great resource for people in need residing in the 9th district, and decided to sit down and play with a kid who looked desperate for attention. One kid multiplied into two, three, four . . . they just started coming out of the woodwork! Emily Sebree really blessed me by recording a few seconds of it, so I'll never forget. Enjoy!

2 comments:

David said...

What a great memento Nate! I know God will bless you with many more memories of the impact you and the team make in Jamaica too

brenda c said...

Nate I remember those children! How precious they are, they are part of my desire and need to return to NOLA!
I have no doubt that you will find the same feelings in Jamaica with children there too.