Friday, July 16, 2010

Relieved . . . Kinda

So, on May 25th I began working to lose weight and be healthier. I have changed my eating habits and attempt to be more active. 

I started out at 243lbs.

It had been quite a while since I had weighed myself and we don't have a scale, so I decided to hook-up the Wii Fit, which weighed me at 208lbs.

This sounds like a good thing, right? But I was kinda disappointed. You see, I can look at myself in the mirror and see that I've slimmed down some.
But 35lbs!?!?
No way!

I thought to myself, "Why don't I look like I've lost 35lbs?"

So I Google-searched the accuracy of weight by the Wii board. Apparently, the little caps that go on the feet of the board dramatically affect its ability to weigh accurately.

These little caps weren't on my board when I had weighed myself, so I dug them up and put them on this morning.

And I weighed myself.
220lbs.

I was relieved . . . kinda.
I mean, sure it was nice to think I had lost 35lbs and all; but if its not visible, is it worth it?

A 23lbs weight-loss, I can deal with. I can look at myself and see the results of that.
Sigh. Just 40lbs more to go!!!

No comments: