Thursday, July 8, 2010

Enough Love

I love Indiana. Really.

It's where I was born and raised.
It's where good, sound morals were instilled in me.
Where I learned my love for people.
My love for music, art, life.
Where I met my wife.
And so many other great people.
It's where I met Christ.
It's where the place I call home is.

I love California. It's beautiful, yes. So much so.
It's where God has called me and my wife to be.
We embrace this call.
In our obedience to Him, He's given us a great peace and joy about being here.

~ But I can't seem to share this joy I feel in being here with some of my IN peeps;
I can't really express it without being reprimanded in some way.

You see, when I do, I often get comments such as, "Well, Indiana is beautiful, too!"
Correct. It is. To me.

Not everyone would agree, just like how many people would disagree with me that California is great.
It's just about preference.
And I don't necessarily prefer one over the other.

I guess what I'm saying is, I got enough love to appreciate more than one geographical location in the continental US.

Are ya feelin' me people?

Rejoice with me or bite your tongue. 
Or fingers, in the case of e-mails, blog comments, FB comments, texts, or Twitter responses.

K?
Love ya!

3 comments:

Mick Aslinger said...

Thing is, people are jealous even if they don't admit it or realize it. They may be wishing they had the ability to do what you and Kim are doing. They may get angry inside because they feel as if they are stuck where they are. Telling you those things aren't really for you, I think they are trying to convince themselves they have it just as good.

I'm jealous but I will deny it if you ask me. lol

Nathan said...

Good point. I've kinda suspected this as well.

Don't be jealous! Now you gotta a great vaca spot with a free room just waiting for ya!

Mick Aslinger said...

Looking forward to the day I can come out. Don't know when that will be.