Thursday, July 8, 2010

070810

  • Kimberly made the most delicious meal for dinner tonight! Chicken penne al fresco, garlic bread, spinach leaf salad, and fresh black raspberries for dessert. Mm!
  • Its nearly 7pm and I haven't left the apartment yet! That's a first since I've been here the past two weeks!
  • I got somewhat off-track of my weight-loss endeavor for about two and a half weeks, but I'm back in the saddle! Fortunately, during my downtime I didn't regain any of my weight, but I definitely didn't shed anymore pounds. Maintaining a twenty pound loss (according to my last weighing, about two weeks ago), with forty more pounds to go before I hit my goal!
  • I want to sing. Loudly. And write. But mostly, just sing.
  • I didn't get a hike in today, and I miss it terribly.
  • Today I unpacked the Wii and several other boxes of randomness we have been storing in the closet. The living room, after finally beginning to resemble some sort of homeyness, now appears to have been struck by a tornado, all to just find a key rack. But seriously, if you know me, you know how important it is I have a key rack. I tend to lose keys, and my phone, and my sunglasses, and  . . .
  • Tootsie, one of our cats, loves it here. She was born to be a Californian.
  • I think my mom was born to be a Californian, too!
  • I miss those darn Cantastics! 
  • Still no return calls or e-mails from the gazillion resumes I've sent out.
  • Some things in life are . . . well, just disappointing, I guess. Too often, things just aren't as they seem. Even things right under our noses.
  • Looking forward to a movie night with some of my peeps tonight!

3 comments:

Denise L said...

Don't get too discouraged about the job, when you move it just takes time but you will find the right one. If you are trying to get back into mental health then I am sure you will find something, you were awesome at YOC and have a gift for working with tough kids. Hang in there and enjoy California!!

Nathan said...

Wow! Thanks, Denise!!!

Denise L said...

Really Nathan, you know the cases we worked on together, really tough kids that you were able to get to open up and trust you, as well as running a very difficult cottage. And take it from me on the moving and finding jobs department, I have done this many many times, you will have a job before you know it.