Friday, July 16, 2010

not sure

I had an interview today.
It went well. I was pretty much offered a position on the spot and given my choice of shifts.

But every shift sucks.
The pay isn't great.
And the job is a 40 minute drive away.

I love the facility and its mission.
I love their hearts and their methods.

But the aforementioned issues, well, they bug me in a way they normally they wouldn't.

As soon as I saw the place, I knew it was a great facility for youth.
And as soon as I began talking with the interviewer, I knew he was going to offer me a job.

But I never got that feeling; that this is it feeling.
I mean, a job is a job and they're important to pay this little thing called rent.

Income is a must.
So I'm not sure what to do.
The sensible thing is to just take it.

But I didn't move across the country to just be sensible.
Guess I got some praying to do.

1 comment:

Mick Aslinger said...

Personally I would say if it's the only interview & offer you had, take it. However it isn't. Any possibility you could negotiate higher pay