Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Psych!

Remember when people would lie about something stupid or play a trick on you, then say "Psych!"?
That was, like, a mid-90's thing, right?

Anyway, today life kinda pulled a "psych" on me.

At about 10am this morning I applied for a great job online. Then, at 4:30pm I noticed I had a voice-mail on my cell. I checked it, and to my excitement, it was the from the organization I applied to earlier today. I couldn't believe it! It has taken months to hear back from the few places that have actually contacted me. And the others, well, most don't even bother to send an automatic message to notify applicants that their online application has been received.

So, yeah. I was pumped.
Then . . . PSYCH!

I returned the call and spoke with a woman from the human resource department, who basically offered me my choice of one of three jobs, right there on the phone! My head was racing! She was that impressed with my resumé!

But not impressed enough to offer me the job I actually applied for.
Remember, this is a 'psych' story, after all.

The positions she did offer me? Well, I could have chosen between two different group-homes for autistic men to manage, but they were both live-in jobs.  
LIVE-IN!?!? I do have this thing called a lease!
Oh, yeah! AND A WIFE!!!
Gr . . .

And the other position?
Split-shift. 6:30am to 9am, and then 3pm to 9:30pm, 5 times a week.
What!?!? I'm here to share Christ's love in the community of Escondido. That means, to some degree, HAVING A LIFE of some sort. I can't see working these kinds of hours and answering this call without completely failing at one, or both.

So, yeah. Again,
Psych!

But God is good. He keeps reminding me why I'm here. And I know He'll provide. Romans 12:12 continues to be the verse of the day for me. I blogged about it earlier today, before this little psych incident occurred. God keeps placing it in my heart and mind. So I just keep telling myself:
Be joyful in Him  -  Have hope in Him  -  Patiently wait for His timing
Pray continuously and with confidence that the Lord will come through

Romans 12:12 "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.