Saturday, June 19, 2010

Jackson

Today, Kimberly and I visited with Jackson, our godson. Jackson's mother, Marva, was a great friend of ours, and our lives haven't been quite the same after losing her to domestic violence almost four years ago. Marva's intent was for us to raise Jackson if anything were to ever happen to her. Unfortunately, something did happen to her. And unfortunately we were unable to get custody of him. I see Jackson and am reminded of his mother, and of his father, who also happens to be Marva's murderer. It's a varied mixture of emotions. I often wonder how life would be if we would have been able to adopt him.

I pray for the day we can speak to him as a young adult, explain to him how wonderful his mother was, and how beautiful her faith in Christ was.

And I'm confident that one day we'll have that conversation.

1 comment:

--V-- said...

Wow. You're right. He is a blend of Marva and Justin. I completely understand the mixed emotions...I hope you had a good visit with him though!