Thursday, June 3, 2010

ahummina, hummina, hummina, humming bird!

Dan and Susan, the kind and generous people who've opened their home to me during this transition, have a beautiful backyard. Its bursting with blooms; full of flowers and foliage.
And wildlife.
Dan discovered a hummingbird nest the other day, cradled in the bend of a vine in a hanging flower plant. The eggs inside the nest are so small! I took this picture of them next to my pinkie-nail so you can really see just how tiny they are.
After several minutes of standing v - e - r - y . . . . s - t - i - l - l , the momma bird decided it was safe enough to return to her nest. She settled contently on her eggs while I snapped away on my camera, getting some great shots of her. I had never been so close to a humming bird before, and I couldn't believe she returned to her nest with me standing right over it! Such a cool experience!!!

1 comment:

Keym said...

Amazing! God, our creator is amazing.