Thursday, June 3, 2010

(the good kind)

Today I had my first official face-to-face interview here in Cali. It went very well, and ended with an assuring, "You'll be hearing from us very soon. I'm sure of it!" YAY!!! I was really blessed throughout the conversation that things just seemed to flow very naturally. Although I was so nervous the first minute or two, the words seemed to come out in at least a somewhat intelligible form. I brought along a manual for a treatment program I wrote a few years ago and they LOVED it, skipping several questions in the interview process, feeling like my written work spoke for itself and showcased my abilities at modifying behavior positively. Overall they seemed impressed with me, and I was happy with their general view of treatment and their approach to habilitate emotionally disturbed and behaviorally challenged youth and integrate them into mainstream society. It would seem this would be a match made in . . . well, heaven ;o) Afterwards, I made my way over to Seaport Village, which is only about a 15 minute drive from the school I interviewed at. I enjoyed a packed lunch I brought along, sitting in the sun on a grassy hill, listening to the water and watching ships pull in and out of the port. After my meal and some sun-soaking, I browsed through Seaport's shops and just took-in the great, peaceful atmosphere of the village. Then, to top my day off, a few other great things happened. A couple messages really found their way straight to my heart through the blessing of modern technology and communication. I was really touched by the words of some God-lovers, and I can't even begin to understand or describe our Creator's perfect timing. God is so good. So, so good. And He continues reminding me of His goodness, over and over, though I'm so undeserving. His grace and His mercy . . . His love . . . Sigh. (the good kind)

1 comment:

Kris Sorensen said...

Sounds like the interview went great; praise God!