Sunday, June 13, 2010

Homing Around My New Home

The last several weeks I’ve been dependent on my GPS system to get me all around San Diego county, but its not just any ‘ol GPS system! I’ve downloaded Homer Simpson’s voice, so Mr. Simpson himself has been my guide, complete with the occasional “Doh!” and request to stop for ice cream.

And to my delight, my posse of guides has grown! I’ve been living on the northeast side of Escondido for about four weeks now and am becoming somewhat familiar with it, but our new home will be on the exact opposite end of town. So Susan, Alice, and Nathan put me behind the wheel this afternoon to give me hands-on training on the “how-to’s” and “where at’s” of the southwest side of Escondido.

It’s a lot to cram into this brain, but I think I’m starting to kinda get a it!
Thanks, crew!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a riot! I'd love to have Homer on my GPS!