Tuesday, September 1, 2009

LOB BOB: Volume IV

The saga continues. And continues. And continues. So, not much has changed. Same old symptoms. Well, actually, I lie. Something has changed. About three weeks ago I woke up with awful stomach cramps. It felt like my guts where being twisted. It was literally the worst pain I've ever felt. Everyday since then I've had these cramps off and on. The pain is still intense, but the cramps are becoming fewer and far between, which I am grateful for. When my stomach is not cramping, I just feel very . . . blah, and it doesn't take much activity before I am completely exhausted. This is along with all previous symptoms. My employer is in transition so I have no insurance right now, and I cannot afford medical services alone. So today I visited a wellness center in Wabash that was highly recommended by friends. It is focused on homeopathic remedies, particularly acupressure. The doctor I saw today told me I was having issues with my liver and gall bladder just by feeling lymph nodes in my back, something that has previously required hundreds, maybe even thousands of dollars worth of blood tests and ultra sounds from other doctors. He gave me his acupressure schpeel, did some gentle rubbing, and 'shot' me with his acupressure gun here and there. Then he sent me home with some minerals and an appointment to come back in two weeks. It was completely painless, which is more than what I can say for the "Poke. Does that hurt? Poke. Does that hurt?" approach of all the other doctors I've visited for my stomach issues in the past. And its affordable. I'm just praying its affective.

2 comments:

David said...

Praying for you too Nate.

--V-- said...

I hope it makes you feel better too!!