Monday, September 21, 2009

Do It!

I am surrounded and influenced by so many great people during this season of my life, and tonight I had the opportunity to hear one of them share their heart. Kimberly and I attended a dinner meeting for CSI Ministries this evening and Jamie Barton was the guest speaker. Jamie is a full-time missionary in Jamaica, and among other things, is the administrator of the Jamaica Student Support Program. This is a wonderful ministry that allows impoverished Jamaicans to receive an education, empowering them to pursue a higher quality of life. You can learn more about this program and how you can help HERE. Jamie spoke about faith and hope, and how lives are changed when these things are put into action. Jamie has applied this to her own life well, helping to equip others to do the same. I had to chuckle when she began to talk about how all we need to do to make a difference is to take action. I've had several conversations with people lately about how an enormous part of life is just about DOING things. In church we've been talking a lot about being 'doers' instead of just 'hearers.' I guess my point is: DO IT!

1 comment: