Sunday, September 6, 2009

Heart Song

On October 17, a group of songwriters from our church will be sharing their music. I am very excited about this event, which we've named Heart Song. Nate Canady, Derek Chalfant, Brent Smith, Dave Reese, and myself will be sharing. We are so blessed to worship a God who not only hears our prayers, but speaks to us, and in so many different ways. Think for a moment how inconceivable that is; the Creator of the universe, Maker of all things speaks to us! Feeling that some of the songs I've written are messages that God has placed in my heart, I love sharing them. Its not something I do very often, but I feel God pushing me to share more. Even better, this will be a celebration of the song God has placed in the hearts of Marggy Hensley and Aaron and Melissa Black. It's a beautiful song of missions; a song of sacrifice and devotion. Its such a blessing to watch as they respond to this song in obedience, preparing to serve the Lord full-time in Jamaica. Hopefully, this event will serve as an encourager to them in this journey, and will result in some funds to help support their ministries. Planning this event so far has been great, and I know that Heart Song will be a wonderful opportunity to share the messages God has given us. We plan on explaining the inspiration behind each song and discussing what they've meant to us in our relationship with God. I am praying that all hearts will be receptive and that we, the songwriters, will be faithful in the delivery.

6 comments:

Keym said...

I AM SOOOO THERE!
You guys are all so talented and our future missionaries are going to be blessed because you are letting God use you.

David said...

So excited for you all Nate! God's excited too, I'm sure.

Kris Sorensen said...

I borrowed your image so that I can promote over on my blog... hope you don't mind.

I'm looking forward to hearing the music that God has put in your hearts!

Nathan said...

Thanks for the encouragement everyone, and thanks for the promo PK!

mike said...

I'm almost considering driving 12 hours after work that weekend to check this out. Oct. 17th?? That might work!

Nathan said...

Mike, that would be awesome!!!