Saturday, March 8, 2008

Snow Day!


For some reason, I completely LOVE snow and ice. Looking out the window and seeing snow piled up a good foot or two, it just makes the world seem cozy to me.

And to this day, I still get an overwhelming urge to run outside and play in it. Feeling the snow crunch under my feet. The way it feels when the wind blows snow flakes into my face. Knocking down icicles and hearing the satisfying "
tink" they make when hitting the ground.

Of course, there's always that moment of sadness. Seeing how the once
pristine blanket of snow is now marred with my footprints. The crystalline icicles now shattered on the ground.

But, then the feeling of coming back inside afterwards! Changing into warm and dry clothes to lounge in, maybe drinking some hot chocolate. Feeling completely content to just be home.

My mission in life today might be to take a walk out in the snow later. . . Then spend the rest of the evening doing . . . nothing ;o)

2 comments:

--V-- said...

I have learned that there are two kinds of people in this world: those that like to appreciate icicles, then break them, and those who don't appreciate icicles at all. Guess which one I am?

Keym said...

Oh there is another kind, those who would like to kill someone with an icicle. Then there would be no evidence! muahahaha