Wednesday, March 5, 2008

CIRCUS

I am currently in Indy for a three day conference held by the Indiana's Association for Juvenile Sex Offenders Program. I was dreading this experience, but now I find it quite refreshing!
*I am surrounded by twenty-seven other people who's life is just as much of a circus as mine!
It's actually quite funny to see the mad dash out to the hallway each break. You see, this is where the cell phone reception is the best.
*Tigers. Jumping through hoops.
All the program managers, clinicians, and case workers check their voice mails every opportunity they have in order to keep up with who is trying to touch who back at work. style="text-align: right; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;*Monkeys. Routine tricks. My message arrived promptly at 6:30pm.
*Peanuts? Popcorn? Anyone?
I knew this day would come. It was inevitable. The day when I receive a phone call to be informed that someone . . . has done more than touching.
*Clowns. Beeping noses.
I just never expected that I'd be an hour and a half away with no plan to return to work for five days!!!
*Tight rope walking. No net.
I am ever-so-calmly attempting to follow-up this incident from a distance. Keep in mind, I'm new at this and this is the first . . . "more than just touching" incident I've ever had to address. So . . . yeah . . .
*Freak show.
However, I am very fortunate to have staff back at work who are willing to really help me out and keep me updated. THANKS!
*Circus band. Strike a cord.
I guess this is also the best place to for me to have to deal with this, seeing how I am surrounded by other professionals with LOTS more experience than me.
*Ring leader. Cracks whip.
Guess what our breakfast conversation is going to be! THANK YOU GOD FOR YOUR PERFECT SENSE OF TIMING!!! *Crowd. Oo's and Ah's.

3 comments:

Coby said...

i hope you get a lot of encouragement out of this trip. be safe on your way back!

Keym said...

So does this make you a monkey or a tiger *Grrr*! It amazes me your ability to handle anything no matter what tragedy you have at work, I am so very proud of you hunny!

--V-- said...

I don't circuses. They smell funny.