Sunday, March 11, 2012

Today's Writing Prompt: Baby steps

Write about an area in your life in which you've taken "baby steps."

Hmm... I'm a pretty cautious guy.

I take baby steps in most areas of life. I'm always waiting for failure. Sometimes, I just plop down on the ground before I even have the chance to fall.

Baby steps. Maybe even back stepping? I don't even touch my guitar anymore. I can't remember the last time I shared something new I've written with an audience. And paint and draw? Photography? And everything else I love to do? I'm just the type of guy that craves affirmation and verbal support. If I'm feeling the slightest bit shaky in something I'm doing, I drop it. I drop it before I trip over it.

Baby steps become no steps becomes falling becomes sitting.
Sitting. Sitting. Sitting.

Until I build my courage back up to take a few more baby steps.

No comments: