Sunday, March 4, 2012

cy·cle/ˈsīkəl/

Cycle: (noun) A series of events that are regularly repeated in the same order * The ones God made are good. God-made cycles keep the earth nice and green, make the air breathable, and all sorts of other important things. Man-made cycles? They usually suck. Man-made cycles just seem to get in the way of God-made cycles. Man-made cycles are made because man, as a whole, lacks in faith of God-made cycles and in humbleness to surrender to them. I'm stuck in some man-made cycles.

I'm kinda... out of mind right now. Just a little. And I'm in this unhealthy cycle that only perpetuates itself. I'm anxious and depressed. My response? I've been feeding the stress; downing all the sugar and caffeine I possibly can. Sounds like a stretch, but no, its not. If you've ever dealt with anxiety, you understand how powerful stimulates can be. So between racing thoughts and emotions and the sugar and caffeine I'm cramming in, my head is spinning. Not to mention bizarre sleeping patterns I adopt during times like these...

And work? Wow! There's this terrible man-made cycle that's just plain 'ol good for nothing! Instead of following the instincts that God has given me to operate in this field with, I've fallen into a cycle that's sort of just evolved between poor agency preparation and staff laziness over the past few weeks. The lack of programming leaves me feeling defeated, so I come into work defeated before I even get started. Almost a cycle within a cycle here...

Breaking out of cycles is hard. There's repercussions. But breaking out of a man-made cycle to fall into a God-made cycle is worth it all. I open the Word and find answers to all my questions. Right there they are. My thought process right now? Be still and know He is God. Work chaos? Practical, real life consequence and common sense applications. Doing what I know is right and trusting that it's worth the battle to implement.

Trusting God; the beginning of every God-made plan for man.
Have faith. Be bold. Breathe. Seems most good cycles should involve breathing somehow...
Here we go! Breaking out...

No comments: