Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 28: Your Year in Detail

This year God has completely rocked my life! It's a difficult year to explain. There have been so many changes!!!

Some friendships revealed themselves to be conditional, while others proved themselves as love. Both were remarkable to witness.

I left the field of residential care, a career I loved, to cleanse my pallet in 2009. I needed time away from the intensity and spiritual exhaustion of it. I found myself in a position outside the field that ultimately left me feeling disappointed and empty, and I yearned to minister to the brokenhearted again.

In June I packed my bags and drove out to CA with my good friend James, and stayed with his awesome sister Susan and her husband Dan while I looked for work and a home. They were amazing to stay with, and I now love them dearly and count them as family. In July I flew back to IN to grab the rest of my things, along with my lovely wife, and we officially moved to CA.

By August I found myself back in the career field God designed me for, and I began working in a intensive care group home for emotionally disturbed youth ages 11 to 13. Like never before, God is using my to pour out His love and truth, and my heart swells with joy because of it.

We have moved across the country to be a part of the church plant The Branches of Escondido, and God has blessed us tremendously for our obedience. The past several months have been of a lot of spiritual growth.

There is the detailed outline of my year. The detailed explanation of it all would just be too much!

No comments: