Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 25: Your Day in Detail

My day in detail? Well, it started about noon.

I stay up late and sleep in most days.
I'm a second-shifter, so it just work out that way.

I ate cereal with yogurt and grapes at the dining table with Kimberly, and chatted about our day. I did some lounging, Facebooking, blog reading, checked and replied to e-mails, and sent and responded to a few texts before getting ready for work.

I left the apartment at 2pm and arrived on New Haven Campus around 2:17pm. I clocked-in and then visited HR to asked some questions about insurance because I'll be eligible for it very soon. I then went to the house I work in and spoke with my supervisor about a concern I have, then drove to another New Haven location where trainings and meetings are held for a staff meeting/discussion on employee satisfaction and staff presence in a group home.

At 4pm I headed back to my group home and took two of my kids outside to play while my boss took the other kid to buy pumpkins to carve. I prepared dinner for the kids, myself, and the other staff working in my house, then set the table. I prompted all the rug-rats to shower and do their chores, and then we all ate together.

During the meal, two of my kids got into a fight, which launched one kid into a three-hour tantrum which involved . . . an incredible amount of ridiculousness. He threw chairs, kicked in doors, punched windows, shoved the other kids, screamed at me, jabbed himself in the testicles with a fork . . . yeah, you read that right, he jabbed himself in the testicles with a fork.

Just to get a reaction.
Know what he got out of me?
Nothin'.

Then the bedtime routine began. More chores. Many many many prompts to get the little ones to scuttle off to bed. Then, story time! I read Cinderella, then the story of Jonah. After reading the fairytale, one of the kids actually requested the bible, so I happily obliged.

Then the oldest kid, who happened to be the buttface that went crazy earlier, was too scared to fall asleep. He's very afraid of the dark and sleeps with the lights on. So, I sat outside his door and studied a great book I'm reading by John Piper. Finally, the kid fell asleep and I did my paperwork for the day and finished the cleaning.

I left work about 12:45am and drove home in silence, besides talking to myself a bit. I like to talk out scenarios sometimes. It de-stresses me. On the way home I realized I haven't really blogged in a few days and haven't kept up with the 30 Day Challenge (see side bar) so I thought I'd get back on board tonight.

Parking sucked at our apartment as usual. When I got inside I found a lovely note from my wife (it's our anniversary) who was already asleep. I went into the bedroom to kiss her hello/goodnight and add an extra blanket to the bed because she felt cold, then I settled down on the couch to blog before hitting the sack myself!

Then end ;o)

1 comment:

Coby said...

I am very happy that I am not the only one who talks out scenarios to myself. haha =]