Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 16: A Song That Makes You Cry (Or Nearly)

Shimmering sands. Glittering oceans. Towering trees.
The delicate beauty of a butterfly.

There is no end to the wanders and greatness of God's creations; from the miracle of a tiny seed to the burning sun.

And its incredible and almost unfathomable to think He not only loves me, but loves me more than all of these other amazing creations of His.

I was introduced to Matthew West's song More when I first began tackling this notion, and it moved me. The song also has special significance for me because of its connection to my first experience of being used by the Lord to lead a person to Him. He was a young man named Quincy, and after months of heart-to-hearts and prayers, he found himself at a place of belief in God, but in disbelief in a god who could ever possibly love him. So we stepped outside and gazed at the stars. I asked "Why would God place these here, other than to say, 'Here I am!'? And why would He care for you to even know He's there unless He loved you?" Then I played More for him on my ipod and left Quincy to be alone with God. When he came indoors, it was with tears in his eyes. "How could He love me with all the things I've done? But He does! He does!"

So, yeah. This song triggers that memory. And that memory triggers a tear or two.

 

Take a look at the mountains / Stretching a mile high / Take a look at the ocean / Far as your eye can see / And think of Me / Take a look at the desert / Do you feel like a grain of sand? / I am with you wherever / Where you go is where I am / And I'm always thinking of you / Take a look around you / I'm spelling it out one by one //Chorus// I love you more than the sun / And the stars that I taught how to shine / You are mine, and you shine for me too / I love you yesterday and today / And tomorrow, I'll say it again and again / I love you more // Just a face in the city / Just a tear on a crowded street / But you are one in a million / And you belong to Me / And I want you to know / That I'm not letting go / Even when you come undone //Chorus// Shine for Me / Shine for Me / Shine on, shine on / Shine for Me //Chorus 2x// And I see you / And I made you / And I love you more than you can imagine / More than you can fathom / I love you more than the sun / And you shine for me

No comments: