Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 09: Photo That You've Taken


I took this picture early '09 during a missions trip in Jamaica. Overall, it was a wonderful experience, and I couldn't help but give a piece of my heart to this little girl. I think this is my favorite photo I've ever taken. Every time I look at it I remember the very moment I took it, like it was yesterday; crouching down in the dirt with Cleoneese as she watched with curiosity as we worked. And when those big brown eyes looked up at me as she gestured for a drink of my water, my heart nearly shattered. Because of all these things, as well as many other memories of playing with her and rocking her to sleep throughout that week, this picture stirs up a lot of emotion.

2 comments:

Wusel's... said...

It's such a wonderful picture...really made me speechless...children are so wonderful...to listen to them, to watch them playing, exploring the world...wonderful. Thank you for sharing...I love your blog for this photo and the written lines.

Miriam said...

i agree, she's really wondeful! you're really capturing the mood and atmosphere in the photo as well. thanks for sharing! :)