Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 26: Your Week in Detail

My week in detail . . .

Have I ever mentioned on here that my memory for certain things isn't the best? Things like time, for example. Days just run together.

In the past week, I've dealt with huge behavioral issues at work from one of my older kids, who is now no longer in my program as a result. The supervisor involved in the situation hasn't exactly held up her end of the ordeal, and has lied and/or has some weird brain issue and can't remember me telling her in person what kind of stuff was going on that day. So now I'm perceived as an irresponsible newbie that failed to report serious and dangerous behaviors. Which irks me. I love my job. I kinda rock at it. So this type of thing gets under my skin.

Anyway, I've wasted a lot of time this week stressing about this scenario.

Because of it, two kids are not in my program anymore, which has been a blessing to the remaining three who were constantly bullied by them. So work has been different. Smoother in some ways. Crazier in others. Dynamics are definitely different in the house. Last week I got to just relax with two kids on Saturday night because one went on a visit. The two kids and I played video games and watched a movie and made fudge. It was awesome!

My days off, S-M-T, were awesome. Kimmy and I had S-M off together. We did the just church thing (awesome!), did lunch with great peeps, and relaxed. Did some shopping, etc. Monday was another chill day. We went to buy pumpkins and had a blast! Thats another post all to itself though!!! Then I did the men's bible study and spent the rest of the evening with Kimberly.

Tuesday I had guitar lessons and ran errands, and relaxed at home. Wednesday and today were work days. Same ups and downs as all work days. We did carve pumpkins at work this week, and I baked the seeds for the kids. It was fun!

I guess, overall, it was a good week!

No comments: