Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It's Back!

Yep! The twitch in my left eye has returned and back in full force. It's been going at it for about three days now. There really hasn't been too much going on as far as my residents go. Instead, it's my staff this week. Apparently working over forty hours a week direct care with juvenile sex offenders isn't enough for them, they need even more drama. Last Friday, everyone called in. EVERYONE. It all stems from a ridiculous disagreement between two staff. They just don't like each other. Period. But instead of just getting over it, everyone is involved now. It's like telling grown people to play nice. I got a phone call on Monday from someone who has become quite involved in the drama, to my great disapointment. The call was extremely stress provoking and was pretty much a warning for another stressful situation coming up. A confrontation. And this was the rebirth of the twitch. That very moment of hanging up the phone and actually processing the conversation. Thinking, "Well, crap!" Then twitch. And the next thing I know, my nose is bleeding too!!! So one confrontation led to the next, then to the next . . . and there is more to come. Many sleepless nights since, and probably many more of those to come as well. And, yes. Twitch.

2 comments:

bryan vickery said...

unnecessary drama = no fun

twitch = no fun

hope this all ends soon

Cari said...

Dude, this sounds rough, I can never understand living in the whole drama thing. When I see others living out the drama, I just want to shake them and say....GROW UP! Good luck with all you have ahead of you.