Saturday, April 5, 2008

Green Elephant, Yellow Balcony, Pink Sky


So, today I was in the mood to do something creative, but I wasn't really sure
what.


I had been wanting
to experiment with water pastels for a long time now, so when Kimberly and I went to Wal-Mart, I picked some up.


Then I sat out on the balcony for a while, enjoying the sun
and trying to decide what I wanted to paint.


I finally decided on this weird elephant thing we have on our bookshelf. I set it outside on the balcony railing and began to sketch it. I then filled it in with the water pastels. It was my first time using this art form. I found it to be quite enjoyable!


The end result is a little...
different, but I am pleased.

God has really been blessing me with a lot of different coping skills lately
, and they all have been very helpful.

So God, what's next? Juggling? Let's hope not. My
hand/eye coordination is terrible!!!

No comments: