Sunday, November 21, 2010

emoting

So, new insurance. We got it to save money. Kinda.

Well, the new insurance doesn't cover the crazy meds I take to, well . . . not be so crazy and actually sleep at night like a normal person. So, I'm transitioning to a med that is covered, therefore not insanely expensive. The problem is, the crazy med I'm transitioning off of has some wicked withdrawal effects.

Sweats. Chills. Mood swings. Crying. Paranoia. Muscular pain and stiffness. Upset stomach. Dizziness. Panic etc.

So, yeah. Good times. I'm like a hardcore junkie trying to go cold-turkey. Apparently, according to my new doctor, the med I've stopped taking is notorious for terrible withdrawal periods that can last anywhere from two weeks to a month. So, big thanks to my last doc who prescribed them! And the new med? Well, it's not supposed to begin taking effect for at least four weeks. So, you can take the plain 'ol just being Nate crazy and add on the junkie goes cold turkey crazy.

Its . . . challenging.

I've also done some minor damage to a muscle in my right shoulder and knee preforming a restraint at work, and the tension I'm caring in my neck and shoulder from all this  . . . craziness isn't exactly helping the healing process. Oh, I also have a mild case of bronchitis.

This week at work one of my kids cut himself. A lot. I mean, streaming blood down his arm kind of cutting. And that's stressful. I'm responsible for his safety, so yeah, I take those things kinda hard. And it has really effected all my other boys, throwing them into a weird state of mind. Add on the fact that they've pretty much been torn from their already craptastic families and its nearing the holidays, and they're all an emotional mess. Like crazy loopy loop roller-coaster mess. All week.

Oh, and we're broke.

So there. I'm done emoting. I think. For a while, anyway.

No comments: