Friday, April 30, 2010

Whether the Weather

Has anyone else noticed this unpleasant trend of beautiful, sunny weekday weather, to be followed by rainy, sloppy-wet weekends? This seems to have been the pattern here in east-central Indiana for a few weeks now. And the pattern is supposed to continue, for at least one more weekend, with a high chance of thunderstorms rolling in this Saturday and Sunday. Last weekend I was excited about plans to drive off for a day to visit a state park in southern Indiana to go hiking, and was disappointed when the rain brought those plans to cancellation. The state park is in Versailles, and has some sentimental value to me. I was hoping to visit it soon, before life becomes anymore hectic than what it already is in preparation for our big upcoming move. But alas, it doesn’t appear this unfortunate cycle of weather will be breaking anytime soon. Autumn is my absolute favorite season, and I’ll miss watching the leaves change color after moving to California, so perhaps I’ll make a trip to Indiana in Fall ’11 to visit family, and then make a daytrip out of visiting Versailles with my parents. Whether the weather be fine, Or whether the weather be not, Whether the weather be cold, Or whether the weather be hot, We'll weather the weather, Whatever the weather, Whether we like it or not! -author unknown

No comments: