Monday, April 5, 2010

Marggy Hensley: Sensitive to the Spirit, Bold to Share

Today Marggy Hensley came to the CSI office to take care of some business regarding her upcoming departure to Jamaica, where she will serve as a full-time missionary. Much like the Black's, Marggy has played a significant role in my life that has led me to the path I am on now. I wish I had a better sense of time so I could pinpoint when the discussion occurred, but I do remember the place and conversation well. We were in the Family Life Center at Farmland Friends Church. Marggy came up to me and told me that although we had never really talked much before, she felt like she knew me through reading this blog. And through reading this blog; the things I wrote about, the stories and songs I posted, the templates I had designed, pictures I had drawn and painted; Marggy had an understanding of my heart, my strengths and skills-set. She told me that God was going to use those things; that God was going to use me. Marggy was the first person to ever tell me individually that God had designed me, gifted me, in specific ways to serve Him. As a person who sometimes struggles with feeling inept, this was a new idea to me. I often see other people's strengths and contributions and have a difficult time recognizing my own, but Marggy saw something useful in me and was compelled to share. And that got the gears turning. I began to wonder. I began to pray. Some time later (again, I wish I was more chronologically inclined), I found myself at the alter one Sunday morning, weeping. Marggy came to me and said, "I don't know what you're struggling with, but God is going to use you in a ministry one day that you can support your family with. It might be later, or it could be sooner, but He's going to use you." This is something I think back to often, and as I begin traveling down this path that will hopefully lead to full-time ministry work, I feel encouarged, believing that Marggy's kind words were divinely inspired. I am appreciative of Marggy's sensitivity to the Spirit, and her boldness to share with others what is laid upon her heart. Undoubtedly, she will be a great blessing and source of encouragement for those she will minister to and with in Jamaica.
*If you'd like to make a financial contribution to Marggy's ministry in Jamaica, You can go HERE for information. Thank you & God bless!

No comments: