Thursday, April 15, 2010

GIMP Experimenting

So, I have a brand-spanking new Mac, which, on a side-not, was a completely unexpected and totally amazing blessing. I downloaded a free program called GIMP for graphic editing. I think I'm really going to be able to do some cool stuff with this program, but it's unlike anything I've ever used. So, in an attempt to learn, I've been taking a hands-on approach, trying to just get in it and play around with the different tools and functions. Hopefully, within a couple weeks, I'll be a pro! The pictures above were tonight's 'homework.' So far, I've just been messing around as I test things out, but my brain is starting to rattle off ideas, so hopefully soon I'll have learned enough to turn those ideas into some sort of graphic. I sense frequent changes in blog headers and many creative projects coming soon ;o)

No comments: