Tuesday, April 27, 2010

In Transit

I am not here. Or there. I am nowhere. But clearly, I am somewhere. I'm not trying to be clever. Not trying to sound artsy. Or emo. I'm just trying to answer one simple question; where am I? Indiana no longer feels like home. My heart has already moved on to Escondido, yet my residence remains the same. The church community I love and have belonged to for the past four years doesn't quite feel like it once did, and with only a couple months or maybe even just a few weeks left before its time to make goodbyes, readjusting doesn't seem like a realistic option. Although my employer hasn't changed, my position within the organization is in great transition as I'm phasing out in preparation for my departure, and within just a few more days, I'll be doing most of my work from home instead of the office. I'm becoming more and more removed from nearly every community I belong to. So here I am. Somewhere, in transit.

2 comments:

David said...

Nate, I so appreciate and understand exactly where you're at. It will likely last a little longer after you've arrived in Escondido too (not that I know for sure, since we're still yet to get to Belfast, but I have a feeling...)

Praying that transition is awesome nonetheless - ours has been a rollercoaster of everything, all working together for GOOD!

Nathan said...

Thanks for your words of understanding, David! I'm praying you find yourself in your new home soon!