Monday, August 6, 2012

outrage

Every 2.8 seconds, one child dies in poverty across the world.
That's over 30,000 deaths a day.
And more than 10 million a year.

This should be our greatest outrage.

But it's far from it.

Instead, we're worrying over who is or who isn't eating Chik-fil-A. We're angry at the guy who pulled out in front of us on our way to work. We curse about the price of gas. We're mad when our favorite TV shows are canceled and when we find a hair in our salad.

Every 2.8 seconds a child dies.
It just doesn't sink in. Why not?

Is it because we're too busy thinking about ourselves?
Or is it because it's too painful to not look away?

All I know is, I don't care enough.
Yes, you read that correctly. I don't care enough.

I'm not nearly as outraged as I should be.

What would my life look like if I WAS as outraged as I should be?
What would the WORLD look like if we were ALL as outraged as we should be?

You can be sure of one thing; things would look different than what they do now.

No comments: