Tuesday, September 6, 2011

choices and trust

Life is a series of choices. Some choices should be made carefully, while others require little to no deliberation. And every now and then I come to a choice I can't quite decide how to make.

"Is this just something I dive into, following my gut?"
"Should I put more thought into this?"
"Am I putting too much thought into this?"

Decision making often comes down to faith. What do I believe will happen according to what I choose? For example, I have to trust I can cross the road safely before my feet hit the street.

But when it comes to these particular decisions I'm referring to, the choices I'm unsure how much thought to put into, where does my faith fall? What belief do I hold dearest that will determine the choices I make? Where do I place my trust?

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart;  do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take."

No comments: