Tuesday, September 13, 2011

best

I'm going to be completely honest here. Last night, I wasn't my best.

I got a little too into Vegas. Or maybe Vegas got a little too into me.
I didn't wake up with a hangover, but dang, I was expecting myself to...

I'm not bragging. I was not my best.

But God was. And He always is. Even when I'm not. Especially when I'm not.

He is always working. He is always glorious.
I've seen this before, and I saw it last night.

A couple drinks too many into the night, I felt my phone vibrate. It was an e-mail.
Someone had come across some scripture on my blog and God spoke to them through it.
They just wanted me to know.

"Okay, God," I thought, "I got it. The room is spinning and You're still in charge."
"I'm Yours and You're going to use me one way or another."

So, yeah. That's my story. I'd like to not admit I wasn't my best last night.
But I won't sacrifice sharing God's glory for my own reputation.

He is always His best.

No comments: