Friday, June 3, 2011

on the battlefield

I can feel the Lord's presence on the battlefield.
My shield. My armor. My orders.

Yesterday Peanut lost it, again. Totally lost it. Somehow he got a hold of a butter knife. It doesn't sound too serious, but in the hands of an actively psychotic, traumatized child, a butter knife wields a lot of danger.

Spiritual warfare becomes quite physical at times.

I won't pretend that I understand why this is a battle this child must fight.
I won't pretend that I don't have questions.
And I won't ignore, that despite my questions and lack of understanding, I'm called to fight alongside him. It's in this fight, on this battlefield, that many of my thoughts and prayers dwell right now. I've had little else to post about, hence the days past since I've last written.

Regardless, I made a prayer request to my church family earlier this week, and the prayers were felt. Very much so. So I'm making another request, a proposal of alliances, so to speak. Will you join this battle through prayer?

I believe God can and will bind the unclean spirits within this child...

No comments: