Thursday, June 16, 2011

like a noisy neighbor?

There are a lot of things I know. Or, things I think I know....
And I have all sorts of belief.

But every now and then certain thoughts, or ways of thinking, attempt to make residence of my brain; destructive little boogers. Like noisy neighbors, these thoughts are not in congruence with what I know and believe. They're disruptive. And problematic.

What do you do with bad neighbors in real life? Do you just wait it out; do the occasional reporting to management and long for the day they're evicted? Or do you go upstairs, knock on their door and address them directly?

I'm not really the knock-on-your-door type. I'm more likely to lose sleep and sanity, all painted up in patience to hide the irritation underneath, just waiting for the next moment of silence.

But we're not just talking about neighbors, are we? Nope.

Its time to march up those stairs, knock on that door, and say, "Shut the hell up!"

Ugh. Here I go. I think...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9