Tuesday, June 21, 2011

From Up Here

My view from up here is pretty awesome.

I see hands go up in worship.
I see heads nod in contemplation.

I see God doing His thing; taking some ordinary men and using them for something extraordinary.

And He is glorified.

But its taken time for me to fully appreciate the view from where I sit each Sunday morning. I've had to adjust; I've had to learn to find the 'warm 'n fuzzies' of church in new ways.

I used to lose myself in worship Sunday mornings. Whether in the congregation or as part of the worship team, I would close me eyes, throw up my hands and praise God. As a part of the Branches of Escondido, I've had to find a certain balance while serving in the media booth, to do what I do worshipfully without losing myself enough to miss slide changes (which still occasionally happens ;o)

Also, you just don't get that "ooh and ahh factor" you might usually get while listening to an awesome message if you've practically memorized it through the week while making bullet points for the big screen.

But I've prayed about it. And the past two weeks have been incredible experiences as far as service to Him and corporate worship. I find that balance I mentioned to be easier and easier to achieve each week, and I'm learning the joy of deeper personal study as I pour myself over the pastors' notes.

Not to mention the wonderful fellowship with our fantastic media volunteers.

God is good.

So, yeah, from up here, the view is pretty awesome.

No comments: