Saturday, June 25, 2011

100%

Ever hear Jesus referred to as "All (or 100%) God. All (or 100%) man" during his human life on Earth?

I have.

In fact, I've heard this a lot, but had never really thought it through much before. I mean, sure, I knew Jesus was God and born as a baby and all that stuff... but anyway, last week I had a synapses; a 'oh, I kinda get that in a new way' moment.

In men's Bible study we're reading Luke. In chapter 22, verse 24, Jesus is quoted, saying, "Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done."

Jesus was referring to his upcoming crucifixion, and like any other man I know, he was praying that he might be spared the unfavorable fate awaiting him.

All-100%- "please God, I don't wanna be tortured to death" -MAN.

All-100%- "Your will above all else" - sacrificial lamb- savior -GOD.

Completely, wholly, undeniably man.
Completely, wholly, undeniably God.

100%
100%
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments: