Thursday, May 7, 2009

050709

Today was a good day. A couple weeks ago Pink went on vacation and I filled-in for him for two Sundays, writing and leading lessons for the youth group. It was a great experience and I had a lot of fun doing it. Well, today I was able to share those lessons with the kids I work with. Occassionally I've had the opportunity to speak about Christ here and there with some of my residents, but today was a full-on, "everyone sit down, we're gonna have a talk" kind of thing. I led the lesson I had written for youth group, discussed my upcoming job, missions work, and the redeeming power of Christ. It was awesome. I had an "oh, this is why I've been here" moment, and am now able to move on knowing I've fulfilled God's purpose of being where I've been the past year and a half. Every day was building towards this one moment. This one shared Truth. FYI: May 25th is my last day! YAY!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so glad you were bold! You could have changed the future for some of those boys. Keep up God's work, you are doing great!

Kris Sorensen said...

Good job.