Monday, February 9, 2009

One Month Left?

Yesterday at church, Pastor Kris challenged us to consider what we would do if we learned we had only one month left to live. This has been a hard question for me answer and I've had a difficult time coming up with ideas. Obviously I'd want to spend time with my wife. Maybe make a baby ;o) and try to somehow convey to her how much I love her. I would want to spend time with my awesome parents and let them know what a blessing they are, and make sure my brother and his son know how much I love them. I would go to work and tell all my clients that the therapeutic treatment they are receiving is crap. That self-acceptance will get them no where. That Christ is their only redemption and sole hope for change. Then I would quit my job and never speak to another sex offender for the rest of my twenty-nine days of living. I would . . . Well, I guess it's not really a hard question to answer, as it seems I could go on and on. Maybe it was just getting started that was so hard. Anyway, thanks for making us think, PK!

1 comment:

Keym said...

Well I pray that you don't ever get the "You have 30 days to live"
1 because I love you soooo very much
2 because the whole world or just the blogging community would know what we were doing for 30 days ;0)
3 Well...I do want you to be able to tell the sex offenders that and then never speak to another sex offender again but not at the expense of your life. Sorry but I am greedy and I like having you around!