Saturday, February 7, 2009

72%

I was just thinking about how sad I am that the weekend is halfway over already. Then I was reminded that I am one of those people that totally live for the weekend. Every weekday is a battle. I say to myself continuously, "It's almost Friday! It's almost Friday!" hoping it will encourage me somehow. And I've joked about it a lot. I make comments about how I "can't wait 'til Friday" all the time. But not until a few weeks ago did I realize what a meaningless way this is to live life, spending 72% of my days longing for the other 28%. What a waste! So I've been thinking a lot about what it is that makes the weekends so appealing to me. Here's a brief, incomplete, random list: quality time with my wife, visiting family, worshiping God and learning more about Him, spending time with other Christians, escaping the demands of my job, having more time to be creative. When I look at this list, there is nothing too crazy about it. These are all things I can incorporate into my weekly life if I choose to put forth the effort to do so. So my focus this upcoming week is going to be thinking of ways to enjoy any given day of life, making this list become more like of a way of living, instead of only how I spend my weekends. After all, 72% of every week is a huge chunk of time to spend waiting on the other 28%.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck in reversing those percentages!

Wouldn't it be awesome if the everyone looked forward to mondays?

I use to when my kids were in school! LOL!

Sue said...

Is it just me or does it seem like every week just FLIES BY????

The weekends seem almost non-existent to me anymore.

Keym said...

weekends? what are those???

--V-- said...

And you didn't love that stats class?! Helloooo percentages :)