Friday, August 26, 2011

view

I recently became aware that my time in the Word was slacking, and it was evident in my disposition. So I started picking up a little bit of that slack, and its fascinating how rapidly God tends to my heart when I seek Him.

I also find it to be no coincidence that just within two short days of a spiritual high I fell under attack.

It seems there is nothing the enemy would love to do more than to create a chasm better me and my Maker. When times of depression, anxiety, and self-doubt come, its especially easy to fall into thought patterns and turn to coping mechanisms that only take me further from God.

If I only turn my prayers from asking, "God, help me find my way out of this valley," to "God, help me find YOU in this valley," I find myself standing on a mountain peak.

And the view from here is beautiful.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

1 comment:

Moistbuttmonkey said...

I stopped reading the word and gave in to my frustrations. I find that my life at most times feels empty and without purpose, other than just making it through another day. I should follow your example and maybe then I will find my way.