Monday, August 8, 2011

I'm With You... no I'm not. But I miss you!

Before she traded baggy pants for fancy dresses and mousy hair for bleached-out tresses,  Avril Lavigne had a couple awesome albums.

My favorite song of her's is I'm With You. It's one of those uber depressing songs that's just too pretty and heart wrenching to not love.

It was still pretty fresh right around my freshman year of college, so it was always on the radio.

-V- and I would carpool to school, and every time the song played we'd belt out its simple melancholy melody, all while pretending to slit our wrists dramatically. (Inapro-pro. I know.)

The three of us, Kimberly, -V-, and I, we tend to... speak our own language. We have all these rules and quarks. One thing we used to do is sing I'm With You, but our own little version; "I'm standing on a bridge..." then whatever we were actually doing to follow. For example, "I'm standing on a bridge, wanna go to Puerta, I really want salsa, right now."

Okay, so in print its really not that funny. But its a fun memory...

Anyway, I had this song stuck in my head the other day and decided to learn how to play it on the guitar, and ever since I've been missing me some crazy GameCube, Puerta, three amigos time.

Miss you, -V-!

1 comment:

--V-- said...

I'm standing on a bridge. Reading in the dark. Could really use a hug, right now.