Tuesday, August 23, 2011

right direction

Back in early Spring, I weighed in at a doctor's visit at 244lbs. I knew I was the biggest I'd ever been... but dang! I was not expecting the scales to tell me what they did.

That was a motivator.

So I hit it hard. I strictly dieted and worked out regularly until I lost an even 40lbs. At 204, I felt the best I'd felt in a long time, but, as with all good habits, I got off-track.

So, 6lbs later, I'm back on it. That's right, I've gained 6lbs back over the past two months, but I'm not feeling discouraged. In fact, I'm actually kinda excited. See, I lose and gain weight easily. So to have gained just 3lbs a month would seem to indicate I've retained at least a little bit of healthy living.

Or maybe that's just me being too optimistic.

But either way, it feels good to be heading back in the right direction. I mean, I'm just one jog and a few salads into it, but... right direction.

My goal? Well, first of all, to be under 200lbs for the first time in... since I can remember.
But then? Right now I'm thinking something around 180lb.

And after typing that, I'm wondering if I'm being overly optimistic again.
But alas, I'm less of a goal oriented person and more of a "right direction" kinda guy.

So I'm not stressing it... much.

1 comment:

Coby said...

You can do it, Nate! Keep it up!