Sunday, July 24, 2011

when anxiety attacks

The world around me spins a little faster.
Everything in me moves a little slower.

Like one of those dreams where you just can't seem to pick up momentum despite being chased.

And when the world and I become so unsynchronized with one another I eventually detach from the life experience altogether, becoming a mere observer. A ghost.

And the implosion begins.
Caving into myself.
Bit by bit.

Insides out. Outsides in.

But then a catalyst, whether two tiny white pills or sprawling out on the cold floor of a dark bathroom, releasing torrents of hot tears or by the grace of Jesus Christ, whatever it might be... something changes and the world slows just a bit. My mind begins to catch up a little. The air becomes breathable again.

My insides return in. My outsides return out.

I begin to orientate back to life; no longer an observer, like coming home after a long day of chaos. I pull the curtains closed, lock the door.

You can call, but I probably won't answer.

Ah, back home.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments: