Friday, July 29, 2011

Today's Writing Prompt: From

Where are you from? (Extra points if you answer this with something other than a simple location.)

I am from a place where summers are hot and muggy, winters are cold and snowy (except for most Christmas'), and where autumn is brilliant.

I am from a place where people sit and watch campfires almost as often, if not more, than they do the television.

I am from a place where engines from antique gas-powered washing machines become home-made ice cream makers, and where caramel corn doesn't come from a boxed package.

Turkeys are deep-friend, Easter means a bunny-shaped cake with Twizzler whiskers, and walks are around the field instead of the block.

I am from a place where each day ends with "Goodnight! I love you!"

I am blessed to be from this place.

No comments: